Re: IMO SYNOPTIC was Re: LF: The Wideband Noise

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: IMO SYNOPTIC was Re: LF: The Wideband Noise
From: "Jean-L. RAULT" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 12:27:31 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Le 07/11/2010 11:14, John GM4SLV a écrit :

It might well be controlled by CROSS Corsen, but are we able to say the
TX is located at Corsen or Lessay, or elsewhere?

No, we arent'. There are many coastal stations north to Daniel's location (Jobourg, Frehel, Griz-Nez, etc.) which have the necessary infrastructures to radiate on the 500 kHz band. Lessay site is located in the middle of the Cotentin area and is not a coastal station. The last time I saw the Lessay site (6 months ago), only the 100 kHz LORAN-C tower was visible on the military site.

Jean-Louis F6AGR