Re: LF: Re: VLF Transmissions

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: VLF Transmissions
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:07:45 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Roger
I know the met office needs some info about activities on 9 Kcs  but did not realize it was every second of every transmission.
I will instead operate from my EU qth  where no such conditions apply. I am not rushing though and will wait until a dozen or so become active, then I might make a start.
I have all the equipment ready including a 800w amplifier. I see Chris is using vy thin wire but I have an abundance of 1mm and 2mm enamelled copper wire for the job to avoid heating and flashing.
This sort of freq needs at least a few hundred watts and an elevated antenna  to cover a reasonable distance, QRP and earth antenna will not get beyond your front gate, the met office have little to fear at present.
mal/g3kev