LF: ZL1BPU LF exciter

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: ZL1BPU LF exciter
From: ZL2AFP <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 09:18:45 +1300
Sender: [email protected]

 Folks

Murray ZL1BPU currently cannot post from his e-mail address so has asked me to forward this on to the Group.

73
Con

Con,
Since I can't currently post to the LF Reflector, could you forward this
for me?

M.

The ZL1BPU LF Exciter works all the way down to DC, so 8970Hz is a piece
of cake. It also includes beacon keying in the mode/speed of your choice.
Most important of all, it uses a TCXO reference and can be GPS 1pps
locked.

I've used it for Click-lock operation (GPS-locked software by
G3PLX/ZL2AFP) at 181kHz, and was detected at 500km running uW EIRP. It has
sine-wave output and would be a good choice for 8970Hz.
See:
http://www.qsl.net/zl1bpu/MICRO/EXCITER

Another possibility is to use one of those FEI 5680A Rubidium Synthesizers
(see ebay). I have QRSS control software for them.

73,
Murray ZL1BPU/ZL1EE