Re: LF: Alpha stations

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Alpha stations
From: ZL2AFP <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 09:23:21 +1300
Sender: [email protected]
This is most interesting. I wonder if they do this sort of thing often, for maintenance perhaps. At 25dB down they are pretty much below the noise floor here. I use a Wndel&Golterman SLM, modified to provide audio output, to listen to the various stations, and a 96kHz USB soundcard and Spectrum laboratory to see the spectrum from DC to 48kHz. The Alpha stations normally are all well above the noise level day and night.

Also interesting to see that some of the stations I see over here are visible on the other side of the world. Now if only I could also see the amateur stations.......

73
Con