Re: LF: vlf experiments-numerical considerations

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: vlf experiments-numerical considerations
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:09:34 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Jacek,

Could you create a picture like plot_80km for distances up to 5000km? I think i do not want to start simulating, my job is in the field ;-) But you have done it and may generate it easily?

This all is very interesting but i wonder if there are not significant propagation differences between the way the waves have to travel (flat land, sea, alpes, poles...!) E.g. Renato Romero has an excellent RX down to DC but my S/N at his location was rather poor (compared to other RX stations). So, is it the local QRN that may be a little more in the south or maybe due to the alps? The S/N between 8970 and 6470 was about the same, as at other locations too. What do the experts think could be the difference between these differnt traveling ways?

73, Stefan