Re: VLF: QRN

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: QRN
From: Jacek Lipkowski <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 11:26:43 +0100 (CET)
Sender: [email protected]
On Sun, 31 Oct 2010, Stefan Schäfer wrote:

The QRN on the Dreamers Band is as low as never before since i am monitoring the band. My DFCW-60 window is almost dark in the moment. [...]

there seems to be increased absorption right now, maybe due to solar x-rays. i've just tried to show my daughter how a crystal radio works, and can barely receive Warsaw 1 on 225kHz (with active antenna and tuned circut). normally i would receive several stations with just a diode and low-impedance headphones.

jacek