Re: VLF: DK7FC's 8th VLF kite experiment

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: DK7FC's 8th VLF kite experiment
From: Pieter-Tjerk de Boer <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:50:43 +0200
Cc: Paul <[email protected]>, Renato Romero <[email protected]>, Bernd Grupe <[email protected]>, "Barzen, Guido" <[email protected]>, Christian Axtmann <[email protected]>, Bernd Strehhuber <[email protected]>, George Vastianos <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Hello VLF'ers,

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 06:59:27PM +0200, Stefan Schäfer wrote:

> Some others have set up grabber pages as well. Please publish them here!

I have one running at our WebSDR site:
   http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
for live reception, and
   http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/grabber.html
for 5 grabbers (I've just added 5170 and 6470 Hz).

The antenna is an active shielded loop, unfortunately still indoors and
with a somewhat high noise level; the daily variation in the background
natural noise level is not or hardly visible. However, it does pick up
the Russian alpha beacons, so it's not completely deaf.
I've oriented the loop so its direction of maximum sensitivity is
towards Stefan's test site.

I myself have some other obligations during the day, so can't monitor
things live all day long. I will make a recording though, for analysis
afterwards.

Stefan, good luck tomorrow!

73, Pieter-Tjerk, PA3FWM