Re: VLF: VLF at different locations and QRN as a function of daytime

To: [email protected], Daniele Tincani <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: VLF: VLF at different locations and QRN as a function of daytime
From: Daniele Tincani <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 05:57:13 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Renato Romero <[email protected]>, Paul <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1286197033; bh=dGL4Vl/Uh6ewfPrDkfmlc0VNymdH3SjB8mOvuwAryhs=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=NE/BDQsqcOAIGxVHJ7uheeHyhrcyuP7xiBXgpH/RbNK+mMYENPhIXcwe8u37rXb5rnOKW4Jj+Vpv5qpHqHRmm2Nv6BqItXr6Uk3pJj9ojRm2JQOwTmz8Hw00gDrcVjb0LnIdu6ywEoq2fkdmiEQnzJbRH/LX4SFWyT6Rk9Fs4GU=
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Stefan, VLF,

frankly speaking, it is still unbelievable to me that I was able to catch a faint trace of your signal and see it appearing on my PC. This is because of the intense hum at my location and the unsophisticated reception system that I use. Anyway, I'm glad to read your opinion that the screenshot I captured was really showing your tx :-)
I'm also interested in supporting your idea of collecting information about local QRN at different locations. I'm aways looking for simple-to-build solutions for improving my setup. May be some helpful information could emerge from this data analysis you are proposing.
For the time being, these are the information you have requested: the locator is JN53EM. As for the callsign, I'm sorry, I haven't one. I'm only "registered" as a SWL and my identifier is I0169LI (http://www.qrz.com/db/I0169LI/).

Cheers
Daniele