Re: LF: Request for modification of Argo Time base into UTC

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Request for modification of Argo Time base into UTC
From: Rick Wakatori <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:47:47 +0900
Sender: [email protected]
Alberto I2PHD
Thank you for concerning my request on usage of UTC on Argo.

A.UTC or Local time selection system
  I prefer all Grabber shall use UTC instead Local time even in London.
Many countries use the day light saving time in Summer, but UTC does
not. We don't know all abbreviation of Local time notations, such CCT,
KST, JST, EST, CST and so on.
  I prefer that Argo time base is only one in the World for Grabber.

B.Setup Local time differency from UTC then Argo show UTC all cases.
  (1)User can enter a number of time differency from UTC,eg +9. +1.
  (2)Argo will calcurate UTC (including date) then display the UTC time
only.

C.To World Wide usage
  WSPR shows in UTC in all times.
  Would you move Argo from local usage to World Wide usage ?
7L1RLL Rick