Re: LF: Request for modification of Argo Time base

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Request for modification of Argo Time base
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 23:07:24 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID486oiiVHb3472X39
On 9/9/2010 9:06 PM, Johan H. Bodin wrote:
why not mix the wanted spectrum slice down to DC (I/Q) and then decimate the
signal down to a very low FS and compute a no-so-giant complex-input FFT? Is
there any advantage of making a huge FFT when you don't need more bins than the
number of vertical pixels?
Johan,

  yes, that is a sensible way to do it. I could reuse some of the code of Winrad for this. Maybe, if I feel fit when doing that,
I could even add a polyphase FFT to increase the frequency resolution. The only downside to this is that I won't be able to release
the updated version of Argo in a few days, as I had planned...

73  Alberto  I2PHD