Re: LF: 137.5kHz WSPR Tuesday evening - reports appreciated

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 137.5kHz WSPR Tuesday evening - reports appreciated
From: John Rabson <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:47:29 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Chris,

I think your formula and Stefan's are equivalent but just expressed differently.

You use (Vpk * 0.707),  square ithe result and divide it by the resistance.

He takes Vpk, squares it and then divides the result by 2 at the same time as dividing by the resistance.  (0.707 squared = 0.5)

The mistake I have sometimes made is to read the peak to peak value from the oscilloscope screen and forget to divide it by 2.

Like Andy, I have sometimes obtained raw figures that suggest slightly over 100% efficiency. Very careful checking of the various meters has resolved this.

73
John F5VLF