Re: LF: Earth electrode antenna tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Earth electrode antenna tests
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 19:05:16 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Tony,

This is very fine! Probably you monitored DHO38 @ 23,4 kHz (TX in nothern Germany). So it is once again confirmed that the antenna behaves rather like a loop antenna. Additionaly the signal drop when disconnecting the far electrode (opening the loop) confirms that it is rather working as a H field antenna than a E field antenna. This agrees very much with my own experiments i did some weeks ago. I wrote my report here and in a published pdf but currently i don't know the link ;-)

It would be very interesting if you would try to receive my signal in my next VLF experiment with that earth antenna!!!! ;-) The E/W antenna should be best. In some weeks i will transmit again on 8970 Hz :-)

Best 73, Stefan/DK7FC