Re: LF: Earth antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Earth antenna
From: Tony <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:05:29 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Roger.

The soil here is well drained peaty topsoil about 400mm - 500mm deep on a mixture of slate and shale and although I am 500m from the sea, I am 75m above the water.
I have no idea what the electrical conductivity is but I imagine it's probably lower in the winter when my windows get a covering of salt during storms. It would be interesting to pick on one reliable ground wave transmission and monitor it through various weather conditions. It would also be interesting to see how it works lower in frequency (sub 50 KHz), which is something that I will definitely look into.

73,
Tony, EI8JK