Re: LF: Fwd: CMSK Beta released

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Fwd: CMSK Beta released
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 01:08:55 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

As far as I know , only wspr and ros-mf have the ability to drive a pic/dds vfo , with only mf-1/7 giving a tailored mf qso mode ?

mf-1 is quoted round -35 db noise floor , in tests with my 500K 35 ft 'pine needle' Ae , over a 350 mile daylight path (1200 hrs) 150 watts carrier produced 100% decode via the Delft web-sdr , MF-7 has a 8 dB's degrade , so apart from the odd lock, I did not have 'quite' an extra 8 dB in the pa .. , nothing was decoded , in a sequential test, wspr stopped decoding round 2 to 3 dB's higher than mf-1

Test  set  up

TX>> P4 / 4 gig > Delta 4 sound card > MA1723 exciter > 10 dB 1 dB step atten Skanti TRP8000 250 W linear > R&S URV35 / 200 watt T power head > 150 watts carrier > 35 ft top load vert >ref power round 1 watt in 150

RX>> Delft  web-sdr > second  p/c via  web

After a ad hock qso on 137 with myself, The first real outing of mf-1 on 137 by Gray also produced a surprise daylight decode from Paris with 150 watts Ae feed to short top loaded vertical array ,

Cannot here it , cannot see it , but it decodes 100 % , ' Invisible Ros' as one our elder statesman refers to it .. worth a try over the other side ?

G .