LF: Re: Re: Torroids

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Torroids
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 20:11:37 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On a recent trip to GI3/N Ireland I got several nice LOPT transformers complete with coils, ideal for the Dreamers band.
These transformers rewound for 137 and 500 work well and run COLD up to a few hundred watts.
There were millions of these around some years ago and found in old tube TV'S. The more recent ones in transistor TV'S are no good for Dreamers but the cores would probably be suitable with the old coils stripped off and rewound for 136 and 500 but they are not as sturdy as the old ones, maybe alright for qrp.
de mal/gekev