Re: LF: 136.96kHz testing

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 136.96kHz testing
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 22:18:45 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=43yDJe7jdQeL8nd4a8b/qr3Vt17uH8uhb/dtKZqpr+4=; b=gJNRN02M+fIAcmBUKPCRs0Ivm8LNE0IKKxozwUTFEu1G5KouXfaJRBuUu+Q3qAlbv4 9CpTnO928xD82lMGyRS83s7bmlAF2Fo+cXkvRefg5Rq1HTrEEaevVEpbgbMdgBOuonpM 0xmFmEDRjO5tK9d75DaKeKlqucYgpbep1zFTg=
Sender: [email protected]
Alan,

Yes, that ties up with the signal being stronger with the E-field probe held above my head. Agreed, that lambda/2pi is around 350m, so I'm only just exiting the near field region. Tomorrow I may do some QRSS3 tests locally to see if I can see the QRPp 136kHz signal a few kms away with E-field probe and FT817.

When I get properly started on the band - with a "real" (up in the air) antenna and some more power - I'd appreciate some reports from you Alan. You are indeed at a useful distance from me.

It may take me some time to get things together but 136kHz is a project that is slowly gathering some momentum here now. With HF being nothing to get excited about at the moment, I think 136kHz will be worth a try.

73s
Roger G3XBM