LF: Re: Problems with RSGB LF reflector

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Problems with RSGB LF reflector
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 06:56:53 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
In fact it is probably not the blacklist server itself but the hosting
provider it runs on. I have a similar problem in emailing one of the
chaps on the CDXC reflector as his hosting company runs its own
blacklist of known spammer IPs, and one of the ones used by my hosting
company SMTP server (not ISP) happens to be on it. All mails via that
route bounce - with a confusing bounce message just saying it is
delayed and not giving the real reason.

You could contact the blacklist owner (G4MJS) but I suspect he can do
little to help as it is out of his hands. Sadly the only 'cure' is to
send via a different smtp server - you can do this without changing
your actual email address if you have a second SMTP server available -
for instance you can always send via Gmail's servers but leave your
'from' address unchanged. In my case I send mails to this chap via my
ISP (O2) smtp server rather than my hosting SMTP server.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com