LF: AW: RE: Extreme Dreaming: Announcement for the 47 km band :-)

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: AW: RE: Extreme Dreaming: Announcement for the 47 km band :-)
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:32:58 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all,

Maybe there were some misunderstandings in my last mail since i get a lot of
personal mails now in which people think i will start transmitting tomorrow or
so. Thus, i want to answer "officially":

Yesterday i got the permission. Today i ordered a 200m long braid. This will
take abt 2 weeks! Furthermore i have to prepare some things like the 200m wire
and some ideas how to arrange that. Maybe i will do a first test without
anything (just the kite, to get experience).

So it will take some weeks, probably 3 weeks until i start a first transmission
on 6,34 kHz. This 47 km band will surely be my first new test since i will just
test the 200m wire and the coil at it's full L (without tapping at 0,5*L).

As usual all the activity depends on the availability of wind without rain! So
i/we have to be spontanous. Thus i will announce the activity 1 or 2 days
before it starts, as usual...

Setting up an optimal RX may be more difficult, so i thought it makes sense to
mention all that here some weeks before i will start.

The main band will remain 8,97 kHz since here the antenna has it's best
efficiency! A goal is 100 mW ERP on 8,97 kHz within this year. With 300m and
600W  (=> just about 14 kV rms) this should be no problem.

73, Stefan/DK7FC

<<winmail.dat>>