LF: RE: QRP

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: QRP
From: "g3zjo" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 12:15:36 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

>Absolutely CORRECT Mal, I totally agree.

>Chris, G4AYT.

            I don’t want to join in with any tit for tat stuff, please don’t lets go there.

Mal has very good antennas I am sure he can receive my 500kHz QRPp signal although he has never admitted it.

Lee M0LMH, the Bloodhound, certainly can at 194km 120miles under flat conditions; he can also set up a Grabber and display my signal.

So lets draw a circle 120miles radius from IO92ng. Any station within that circle should be able to receive my signal too, given a not too fantastic set up, I think Lee has described his set up in that way. If they can’t, then their Receiver or Antenna could be improved and also enable them to receive signals from, say the Czech Republic.

Would me increasing my power until I can be seen on the Broad Band Grabbers improve the performance of their set up, because now they would most likely receive me. Or does QRO cover for mediocre RX and Antennas.

A stupid question but no worse than some of the prior ‘Stupid Criminals’ posts.

Eddie G3ZJO