Re: LF: MET Office

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: MET Office
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 19:54:50 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=pEKEhnz94NvfsXG5mdZlZIV2fpaDEE+2L7zY/QXOFJw=; b=kNjUdIuDheiDQqetbhDyuLjF5np1HS1Tj/NHQrn/0a2mdmZoTu19HYKMA+kculSADQ fjjg6NOgBOLPq2CGpDVA+BwlrZz6QAnGip5naM3mUh+vJuICXBcza0ptgLY3WPzpGMiD vpMmeflz+dhRbQQ3NyOgtroklTtn4r3yEjNJo=
Sender: [email protected]
Mal,

As M0BMU has demonstrated, a simple loop and preamp into a PC based VLF receiver such as SpectrumLab is able to receive stations as distant as DK7FC as long as the external noise floor around 8.97kHz  is low enough.

Like many, I'm experimenting with such ideas with the intention of being able to listen/look for DX signals from people able to run decent TX powers and erect large TX antennas, not a luxury here in my tiny plot sadly. Nonetheless I intend to see what is possible despite my severe limitations. DX reports for me may be a few miles at best, but I hope to be able to give reports to others at considerable range.

For M0BMU's loop-preamp see my sub-9kHz webpage:
http://sites.google.com/site/g3xbmqrp/Home/10khz

73s and hope to hear/see you on sub-9kHz in the autumn Mal!

Roger G3XBM