Re: LF: Re: 12V/300W VLF PA circuit

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 12V/300W VLF PA circuit
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 16:59:06 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Alan,

The ICL7667 is a double FET driver (inverting!): http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheets2/14/147008_1.pdf So, if the both Qs are high, the outputs/gates are both grounded. You just have to be sure that the VFO is connected before pushing PTT, as i mentioned. It was rather my goal to built an easy and well working circuit without to much protection circuits, than building the "perfect" PA in a 6RU 19 zoll Rack with a loud exhaust and 50% efficiency (like many HF amps) ;-). There has never occurred a fault with this PA yet. There is still the first pair of FETs in use ;-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC