Re: LF: ROS 503.600kHz beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ROS 503.600kHz beacon
From: Gary - G4WGT <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 11:42:01 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:sender:received :in-reply-to:references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=pFqha+ypcF4jLuOrfpV6PdoUsbc5MkZUNh2mHbfydxo=; b=RU9wF+XibUzYkBmdAWcH4k9lQWSr0rv7xtqq2yK/szxFF67LxFhFI+CPl2VWpYdqbw Ysnk5wOGYAWiaLDGCwEeHjRq3AoUPffepkXWRHasHhr1SSgR4sctSEfu+l1ENGQLv0z/ ADCrtFmTG2VsFsifU1y/ntG+hqFsbx0dCo9hc=
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Jim,

OK, the thing is that when ROS is set to PTT loop mode, when a call is detected (may be a valid frame received or possibly operators call sign) it stops the loop & sends an alarm sound to the PC motherboard sounder. Problem is that the sounder is not very loud & usually not heard.

The idea then is that the operator goes into QSO mode to reply to the caller. It's a great idea & would work better if the alarm audio was sent to the default sound card & would be heard thro' the amplified speakers.

This is an extract from the user guide :-

It warns us through the PC's speaker when a message is received. This option is well suited to keep on listening while carrying out other activities in the computer with the programme minimized.

I will make a suggestion to Jose about directing the alarm signal to the default sound card.

73

Gary - G4WGT