AW: LF: Dreamers Band update from W1VLF

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: AW: LF: Dreamers Band update from W1VLF
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:18:07 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Paul,

Also congrats to the QRSS3 5km distance! :-) Who is the next station that can
receive your signal?

1nF / 345mH sounds very good! 1250 Ohm, is that the overall (loss) resistance?
If not, how much power do you have to apply to get the 200mA and how do you
measure the current?

Have you tried to connect your house mains to the VLF earth? I would try that!
;-) If the current increases with house earth connected to the system, try to
reduce the power so that I is 200mA again and check, if your signal is as stong
as before (at the RX side) to check if the radiation resistance was reduced by
this step. Again choosing the same power than in the QRSS3 QSO will show the
antenna efficiency change...

Your coils look good on the photos! I would estimate that the coils can stand
at least 50kV rms. Paul, you have to make QRO after checking who could be the
next receiving station, hi ;-)

Wish you good luck and fun!

BTW: Do you have a good VLF / Dreamers band/ RX? As you know, i will try to get
this 300m vertical permission! I already have the confirmation of my insurance
;-)

Stefan / DK7FC