Re: LF: Dreamers Band update from W1VLF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Dreamers Band update from W1VLF
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:53:10 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul, VLF,

Am 17.04.2010 17:58, schrieb Paul A. Cianciolo:
I wonder if you can point me to the schematic of your final amplifier?
It would be nice to learn from amplifier building experience.

Yes, sure. But i want to wait until the new PA has passed it's first experiment, working on the antenna, not on a 300W halogen lamp ;-)

What is your over all system impedance impedance?
I see the coil is 283 ohms
Currently i get about 580mA at 300W, so the loss resistance is about 900 Ohm. But due to the high Z and kite movement, these parameters are changing quickly, so it is difficult to measure exact values. Here, the new analog amperemeter will help! It is installed and calibrated but still not yet tested in the field...

Also do you ground radials, and flat aluminum show you an antenna current difference?

No, the ground radial (both sides insulated aluminium foil) makes no benefit. The copper plate is best. So, a capacitive coupling to ground seems to be rather difficult. Therefore, i am hopefully that the my copper ground rod that i have driven into the earth on the last experiment will cause a significant loss resistance decrease. But this is also not testes yet ;-)

GL es 73!

Stefan/DK7FC