RE: LF: vlf stuff

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: vlf stuff
From: Laurence KL1X <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:59:43 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks Markus -Ive been concentrating on rx soundcard calibration and dont have (within my sound card limitations) anything I can really put my hand on my heart and cal against here in the Central Plains - well at this time of year.

So I took a 10 USD 10Mhz OXCO  (Raltron) , beat calibrated it against WWV, squared up using a 4046 and then divided by 1024, using a 4060 to give me a divide by resulting in a nice sig on 9.765625Khz - just been tracking that against cal and drift and Im now happy that I know where my receiver is. Also good for LF work too! Now to see if we can see anything once these deadly tornadoes and resulting QRN die down over the next couple of days.

regards
 Laurence KL 1X in 5