AW: LF: Possible VLF HV problems, or not?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: AW: LF: Possible VLF HV problems, or not?
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 20:14:45 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I'll just ignore the problems that will occur, so easy is the game. There will
be partial discharges at 10kV rms and not only at the end. Who tells that they
are just to find at the end? Sure, there the field is maximum inhomogenious but
the difference to the center of the wire (50m hight) is not to much.

In the power grid, say in the 20kV (up to 123kV) field you do not really have
problems with PD at the normal wires but there we are talking about a wire
radius of abt 2cm. My antenna has a wire of 1mm diameter! That is a complete
different case since E falls and rises with 1/r.
But anyway, slight PDs are no problem. And the power grids does also produce
PDs all the time. Just drive with your car under a 400kV line and listen to the
AM MF band and you know what i mean ;-)

Just let's see what we get in the next test...

73, Stefan/DK7FC