LF: Re: Antenna Matching 500kHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Antenna Matching 500kHz
From: "Ken" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:39:31 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=kuvGcnJdHtLFLovSUn2xLxguKumY68ATvXZoHeB4rst5x7US3pn6ZXYtdykEo0Cdlq3AL3Oy3IfAkd64hAKw08ka2nZwAvGrjCzbmu+iYQPrAfbyjHlkVGVdFiZA8ZNXoufIf3EfLK0MECSTY1zNCZdcIgWF4TwLFlvzfR28b8c= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Tim.
Iuse my 102ft doublet with 8m of 430 ohm feeder as a 'T' antenna loaded with a variometer, and an earthing system of 36 radials of varing length in a 270 degree pattern. The variometer consists of :

Outer winding  26 + 26 turns 140mm dia 16/0.2 wire,  giving 313uH

Inner Rotor 34 + 34 turns 40mm dia 16/0.2 wire, giving 84uH.

I have connected the rotor winding in series with the two outer windings at their centre point, this may not be the best position but it suited my construction and it works ok. The TX is running 23W into a 50 ohm dummy load, and the peak antenna current is about 900mA, ERP approx 100mW.
I hope this is of use to you.
73
Ken.
M0KHW      IO91TV