LF: Marconi 4.96MHz OCXO

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Marconi 4.96MHz OCXO
From: "James Cowburn" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:20:31 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Dear LF,

Going thru a newly acquired junk/spares box I have found a new/wrapped in plastic Marconi Crystal Oscillator  Identity FQ 3121-11.  Serial no. 118941.

It is stamped as having a freq of 4960KHz and temp range of -10c to 55c running off 20v AC.

It didn’t come with any wiring diagram, and out of the 8 pin contacts on the base are 8 leads, red white, 2 x yellow, green, blue and 2 more yellow.

The unit sits in a sealed can about the size of a small coke can and has a control on top which rotates freely thru 360 degree and more.

Jim Moritz has informed me it is an OCXO but does anyone have a circuit for it or a plan of the leads out.   I have googled but to no avail.

I am guessing that there must be some alumni of Marconi out there and they may know of this widget

With best regards

Jim

Dr. James Cowburn

26 Birch Close

Broom

Biggleswade

Beds

SG18 9NR

T +44 (0) 1767 600522

M+44 (0) 7967 300152

E [email protected]

The information transmitted is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this message.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  Consequently, this email is not intended to be contractually binding.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender, return the message as well as its attachments and delete the whole from any computer.