Re: LF: Re: Re: DECCA 5501 tx

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: DECCA 5501 tx
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:52:28 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=CGWM2IHMyRS4Q9efjYNC/bHe2sdVbAyO+ykm0FTnt0w=; b=Ok2ZJLdWJizL/VOjVVKSCNkzCKnRMHmTR9fwLcvKtoBqrFByv+IXI7ZirZUgyYLS9n Kryu3FUkuBNwquKfNhB02kk/orsoLHqLXGeCTPiiqWHyLs3vHWWFforUkKnJNxF/ZEv0 Z/X7uvoknkUPj5aUAQmgnU60l1dtqipsV8px8=
Sender: [email protected]
Those transmitters consist of a full bridge output, where the connection to the series LC is hard switched to alternately +V or -V.  The result is a low impedance voltage source driving the tank.     Such a transmitter requires a series tuned circuit at Fo to select the wanted component while appearing as a high impedance to all harmonics.   So you will not see any drain (source of the upper device) waveform oteh rthan the square wave outptu plus any incidental small spikes, that ideally shouldn't be there.

Contrast with a class E that alternately switches to ground then opens, allowing the voltage peak to fly off to whatever the C-L-C network allows it to reach.

Tnx for the replies to my - originall light hearted - comment about needing a 1kW PA.  It looks simpler than at first thought, so I just  'may' get round to adding it to the project to-do list (after retirement / quitting - getting ever closer).  The 137kHz 700 Watt jobbie was straightforward enough - it was uncontrolled transients that caused problems there as I was running from such a high Vcc (340 Volts) that layout mattered.    Keeping with a 50V rail ought to simplify things somewhat.

Andy
www.g4jnt.com

This email has been scanned for damaging side-effects by the health and safety police, is guaranteed to contain no substances hazardous to health, but may contribute to dissolving the nether and polar regions