LF: Re: DECCA 5501 tx

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: DECCA 5501 tx
From: "Albert" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:02:05 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Mal,

I can't help you, but I use the same PA here. Changed the capacitor banks and the coils and with some tweaking of the coils, I put them on frequency one by one. I just tuned for maximum power, and the heatsinks are getting just warm at full power. I started with 20 V supply voltage during the tuning process and the PA was driven by a signal generator, so I could simple find resonance frequency and step by step closing in at 500 kHz. The DECCA PA gives me a nice 800W in 50 ohms at 48V supply voltage.

73, Albert PA0A