Re: LF:498.8

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF:498.8
From: Roman RW3ADB <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 00:30:02 +0300
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Gary, LF!
TNX to all for the details and participation in identification.
I thought about an NDB, but signal was so very long 1 minute.
Is't real to be an NDB ID.
Some time he was like a carrier on the screen.

* Gary - G4WGT <[email protected]> [Thu, 14 Jan 2010 20:10:59 +0000]:
Hi All at LF,

Update on previous mails regarding 498.800 kHz.

The signal is not really there, I tried to Rx it on my "real" radios
using
my 500 kHz vertical & there was nothing there. I was able to Rx a
couple

Do you tried to rx today or yesterday?
That signal is absent today on the grabber.

of
NDB's a little lower at good strength but nothing on 498.800 kHz. Yet
it
was
there good & strong on the SoftRock SDR I use for the grabber.

My next move was to connect to another sound card & not only was the
signal
not there on 498.800 kHz a great deal of hash & other interference had
disappeared as well.

You will notice a much better display now on the grabber, the sound
card
is
an external Creative Sound Blaster Live 24 bit.

73, Gary - G4WGT.

2010/1/14 Gary - G4WGT <[email protected]>

> Hi Tracey,
>
> Thanks, I have looked at the list & the nearest is the following
UNID
:-

498.7<http://www.classaxe.com/dx/ndb/reu/?mode=signal_list&filter_khz_1=498.7&filter_khz_2=498.7&limit=-1>

XUU<http://www.classaxe.com/dx/ndb/reu/?mode=signal_list&filter_itu=XUU>
>    UNID ENG IRL *2* 2005-08-28
> Not sufficient info at the moment, I will see if I can copy an ID
when/if
> it gets strong enough.
>
> 73, Gary - G4WGT.
>

> 2010/1/14 Tracey Gardner <[email protected]>
>
>  Hello Gary
>>
>> Have you checked the REU list for your signal?
>>
>> http://www.classaxe.com/dx/ndb/reu/
>>
>> If you do a search between 497kHz and 500kHz you'll find that there
are a
>> good number of unid NDBs in that area.
>>
>> Tracey

times
there
>> appears to an accompanying parallel signal about 1 kHz higher which
looks
>> like an NDB ID (see attachment), but nothing on my lists for an NDB
on that
>> frequency.
>>
>> I will set up another SpecLab to monitor that frequency & a few kHz
either
>> side to watch for an ID type signal on the LF side as well as the
HF
side of

--
Roman RW3ADB.