LF: class E amp

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: class E amp
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:07:26 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Andy and Co
To take advantage of ur 50V 25A psu for a class E amp the component values for 1.25Kw would be C1 = 0.067164uF, C2 = 0.086306uF in series with L1 = 1.57936uH.
RL = 0.99234ohms, then a suitable step up transformer for say 50 ohms to match a suitable antenna via a LPF (several poles at this power to supress the harmonic content).
A couple of suitable FETS in parallel wouldn do the trick. I built a class E using 60V ht  some years ago for LF and it is still going well.
Push pull as you know helps reduce the 2nd harmonic but maybe not as much as you think, therefore a single ended approach is more robust with a good LPF.
I am sure you have all this information anyway for class E design.The most critical part is setting the amp up using a 'scope to avoid V spikes,
I have no protective ccts in place but my antenna is very stable and unaffected by the WX.

73 de mal/g3kev