Re: LF: 500 kHz JT4A

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 500 kHz JT4A
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:42:17 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Andy,

thanks.
I just decoded Gary : "CQ G4WGT IO83", sync = 11 , dB = -2.
Not sure wether QRM is an issue, I see 2 bright traces against a black background.
What else could cause the poor sync ?

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T

Quoting Andy Talbot <[email protected]>:

See annotations below

Andy
www.g4jnt.com<http://www.g4jnt.com>

2010/1/22 Rik Strobbe <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> As said I haven't read any instructions / manual but maybe the figures WSJT7 spits out on the readable copies of Jim may give a clue:
Sync = 9            Not brilliant for -2dB S/N   but blame the bad QRM
dB = -2               Very good signal (This is the S/N normalised to 2.5kHz)
DT = 0.0             Timing spot-on, no error between clocks at both ends
DF = -107           -107Hz tuning error
W = 33                Not sure -

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T

Quoting Rik Strobbe <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>:

Hello Gary, Jim,

I just fired up WSJT7 in JT4A mode.
I can see a very fat trace at 503.460 that decodes as "TEST M0BMU" and
a little less fat trace at 503.600 that is probably Gary. But even if
I set the marker on 503.600 (1300Hz audio) I still keep decoding "TEST
M0BMU".
It is my first test with JT4A and I haven't read the instructions /
manual, so it is intuitive use.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T

PS: both signals are clearly audible (Jim is S7)

Quoting Gary - G4WGT <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>:

LF,

I will be beaconing WSJT JT4A again this evening & I would welcome
any decodes, I have made changes in view of not decoding a reply
last night. I just need to confirm my outgoing signal before
changing Tx operation to CQ calls.

502.300 kHz USB dial frequency. Tx 503.600 kHz on even minutes.

73,

Gary - G4WGT.