AW: LF: AW: TX-2200A

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: AW: LF: AW: TX-2200A
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:42:17 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Rik,
Of course, thats true ;-)
Especially when they use a short wire like a dipole for 40m. But that danger
can be reduced: You just need a loss resistance that is high enough, hi...
But: I don't think high voltages in a region of 10kV will kill you (in such a
application, say 200W and 20m of wire in 10m height und a loss resistance of
100 Ohm). It is due to the skin effect (with 50Hz it would look completely
different, hi) and due to the fact that if you touch the loading coil, the
resonance (and so the voltage) gets off-tuned. But surely there will be a hole
burned in the finger / skin that is aching and smelling ;-)
At work, when we present our institute on a tradeshow, we sometimes present a
series resonance circuit that is also operating in that frequency range. In
that circuit we have around 20...30kV and show a fluorescent lamp lightning
when touched at one end and so on. The power injected in this resonance circuit
is also abt 100W. Almost everyone got a spark in the finger in a moment of
unconcentration but you just feel a pain in the finger for that moment.
Anyway, I can renounce on it ;-)
73, Stefan / DK7FC