LF: WSPR : QSO or not QSO

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: WSPR : QSO or not QSO
From: "Wolf Ostwald" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:45:14 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello group !

I am not an expert with WSPR at all. But I followed the discussion regarding false detection of calls thru the database.

To my understanding the WSPR operator has NO way to really find out whether the computer came to the right conclusion about the calls received, or whether it just judged by means of plausibility. We humans have no sense for phaseshift, that means we have to believe the machine.

I think that the database in the background is like a walking stick for the blind.

Of course it’s a new and exciting technology, but I doubt that it is on one and the same level with a regular exchange and therefore should not be considered equally verifying a valid contact.

My two pence worth   de wolf  df2py