LF: How do I use Spectrum Lab as a VLF Soft Receiver ?

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: How do I use Spectrum Lab as a VLF Soft Receiver ?
From: Andy - KU4XR <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:14:06 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1259349246; bh=hGBst6ENIA0/detLy4iN4gea0LpKBWnMV2mjYGDSOKs=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=vBEUuPdu374xuSbxzkAhu9sgJyWSZ7/OitfXK07cM3G6E+rSG818lyCv2wfvVhTma9IwZBUS5t6jgw2iZloBd5JrYiksA+LueQBFt75B3Iwq4Vl5O/cuQn6m8DKSNVpvxUBtdVOjBb7f1tokEOvCkklARa+fEe3oO8errDUfiOE=
Sender: [email protected]
Hello All:

I have recently been trying to get a soundcard VLF receiver
going. I found a SAQ receiver on the web designed by
Johan - SM6LKM. It works good I suppose never having tried
this before. I can hear " Radio noise " in other words, it
actually sounds like a receiver. When I connect enough
coils in series, with a variable cap to ground to make a
pre-selector, The noise floor will rise 20 dB when I tune
the Cap. and you can see the peak move across the spectrum
display. However, that's as far as you can go, You can't
choose a sound card, it automatically chooses the windows
default card, and I haven't found a way to use DSP filtering
with it, since everything is based on the sound card alone.

Now for Spectrum Lab, It has a built in " SID " receiver,
and the built in DSP filters work in the program. I just can't
get it to work !!!!! All I can get is low freq. hum, or
digital noise. It makes no difference with or without an Ant.
I've changed sound card sample rates, and FFT settings,
nothing works for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try  ?? Thank you.

73 to all :::

Andy - KU4XR - EM75xr - Friendsville, TN.
LOWfer Beacon " XR " @ 185.29866 KHz ( QRSS-60 )
Coordinates:  N:  35* 43' 54" - W:  84* 3' 16"
http://www.myspace.com/beaconxr
http://webpages.charter.net/ku4xr/