LF: Condx - and SDR IQ audio flatness?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Condx - and SDR IQ audio flatness?
From: Laurence BY3A-KL1X China <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 01:37:01 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Congrats all -

 its a very (very) quiet night so far on LF/MF which may signify either very good or very bad, and am present looking for signals from NA -

Im not that good to tell you which until Eu gets dark. Its not been very good the past day or so with mediocre signals on 137 from DCF39 et al  - still Ill be looking on any desired freq.

I can hear Loran clatter on 137 which means the local QRN is very low and NDB "DD" (Located near Xlbreast, China) :-) is putting is a Fully developed signal.

Nice clear night here already and looking for some nice shooting stars..saw a couple of
spectacular ones last week in Mexico.

Anybody want to comment on whether their audio spectrum output from their SDR IQ is a bit "lumpy" with not exactly flat levelling across the 1-4Khz range? Maybe my soundcard but I see some variations of a couple of dBs on this one...

Laurence KL1 X in BY3A

Still jetlagged.

> Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:13:41 +0100
> To: [email protected]
> From: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: LF: 500kHz VX9MRC & WE2XGR/6
>
> Peter,
>
> likewise, I saw on Joe's website that you had a QRSS3 QSO with him
> earlier some days ago.
>
> 73, Rik ON7YD - OR7T
>
> At 11:04 17/11/2009, you wrote:
> >Congratulations Rik
> >
> >Peter, G3LDO
> > > Rik,
> > >
> > > Well done.
> > >
> > > I should be in a position to attempt the same as I saw solid QRS
> > > signals from Joe.
> > >
> > > Gary - G4WGT.
> > >
> > > 2009/11/17 Rik Strobbe <[email protected]
> > > <mailto:[email protected]>>
> > >
> > > Gary, All,
> > >
> > > yesterday I could copy VX9MRC in QRSS3 with a surprising strong
> > > signal as early as 18 UTC, when I launched Argo.
> > > Throughout the evening the signal was strong and with little QSB
> > > from 19-22UTC, after that the signal became weaker with much more QSB.
> > > Probably because I had a sked with Joe at 22:40 UTC ;-) .
> > > But despite all we managed to complete the QSO with both way M
> > > report (would have been a solid O earlier the evening).
> > > A first ON-VE QSO on 500kHz and with +/- 4075km a new DX record for me
> > > Joe transmitted on 507.770 and I on 501.190.
> > > Between 19 and 22 UTC the signal was audible most of the time and
> > > would have been CW copy if it were not squeezed between the NDB
> > > "Z" carrier at 507.980 (S9+ here) the SM6BHZ CW/SSB test
> > > transmissions (up to S9) and a local birdie on 507.600.
> > >
> > > For the QSO I was running 300W into my 11m high / 25m long lazy-L
> > > antenna, estimated ERP about 1.5 Watt (at best, if the greenery
> > > does not absorb too much)
> > >
> > > The night from Sunday - Monday I left Argo running, VX9MRC
> > > produced a good signal all through the night and faded out at
> > > 07UTC. This would mean that there is a potential transatlantic
> > > path on 500kHz for 13h a day !!!
> > >
> > > 73, Rik ON7YD - OR7T
> > >
> > > At 17:05 16/11/2009, you wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > Good signals from both stations last night.
> > >
> > > Gary - G4WGT - IO83qo.

Windows 7: It works the way you want. Learn more. =