Re: LF: PIRATES

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: PIRATES
From: John P-G <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 20:55:41 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

David Pratt wrote:

My NoV does not authorise me to operate a beacon so my operation is limited to CW using proper Morse ;-)

I don't recall ever hearing this "proper morse" on the air, nor any reports of others having heard it.

Perhaps more ERP or a more suitable mode is called for?

Or is it a case of "if I /were/ to be active I would use proper morse, but to be honest it all seems like too much trouble"

At least the WSPRers are doing something on the band, collecting their own experimental data and providing signals for others to study.

A silent " proper Morse" signal is no use to anyone.

Don't castigate those who are at least actively studying the band, in a variety of modulation schemes. How do you know what other peoples' NoV allow them to do - everyone applied for permission to carry out their own experiments and were granted these permissions on an individual basis. Not all of them are specifically for manual telegraphy.

John
GM4SLV