Re: LF: LF in VK....

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: LF in VK....
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 00:30:36 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID085NiVwEp1072X38

Good evening Steve,

   well, well, you make me blush... there are a lot of other very good programs
capable of displaying QRSS. Maybe Argo has the merit of having been the first,
so it got more widespread. And thanks for the report of 136kHz activity in VK,
though I don't think I have any hope to be able to receive one of those
stations.

If you are interested in SDR, keep an eye on my soft_radio Yahoo list, maybe
in Q1 next year there will be an announcement about a new program.

All the best

73  Alberto  I2PHD
---------------------------------------

VK2ZTO wrote:
G'day Alberto,

Nice to hear from you again too.

As you may know, we here in VK have been granted access to 136kHz this year, albeit by way of a sort of NOV. Almost all of the active VK LF stations are using your excellent QRSS viewer ARGO. So, once again, thank you for providing this.

LF reception highlights for me using ARGO have been the signals from ZL (ZL3JE) on 137.900kHz, various intra-VK transmissions, daytime reception of a ZL NDB carrier using 120s mode on 214kHz (distance 2000km) and, recently, reception of Mori's (JH1GVY) QRSS120 beacon on 137777.4Hz from JA (8000km) from his balloon antenna. Despite the usual background noise from the jaded "pooh-poohers" and "dunbefores" I derive a lot of enjoyment out of these activities.

The enjoyment derived from these would not be possible without your software.

Along with your other software you have made a positive contribution to our hobby and (I apologise for using an 'F' word) raised the level of FUN for a lot of operators.

Sorry to embarass you with this paean, but to not acknowledge such contributions would be small-minded in the extreme.

Thanks.

73 Steve

.