LF: Re: Re: US 500-kHz band plan

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: US 500-kHz band plan
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:40:29 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MIMEOLE; b=jKtxkOQm0++81kW5bEu9CEqLLC1AtWGyBUTWw0136nqFG2nDDwZy2qeiOjHnS6uK4VWy802HxSK3pmIxRy4hNuibneh5gqE0pASkoIyP9Tbs0quDxg8AS90UCnxEil/vDxVlU4jjAcv0d6WBnGDXqZU5U+WnxJ+0lvSSm7LpCV4= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Jim. whist it involves a change in "usage" from our end it would not seem
unreasonable to ensure that the US stations have a chance of hearing us
without nearby swamping. I think this is an interesting development becasuse
it now seems that Frtiz is extending the experiment to intercontinental
tests/qsos.......an activity he discouraged earlier....due to the terms of
the original application and grant I believe. I have to admit my opinions
carry very little weight as a "non-active operator" :-)) But maybe it will
stimulate others with differing opinions to voice them to you.

Best wishes
Alan G3NYK