LF: Re: G3XBM 500kHz WSPR tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: G3XBM 500kHz WSPR tests
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:37:44 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On 16 Sep 2009 at 7:56, Roger Lapthorn wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> My WSPR beacon is closing shortly. Thanks for reports this morning from
> M0BMU, and from G3XVL and G6ALB yesterday. No others as yet.
>
> Later today, and before my holiday away, I hope to try a couple of quick
> and simple changes to the antenna and ground that may result in a
> slightly greater antenna current. All being well, the beacon will be on
> again later this afternoon and overnight tonight. Any reports would be
> greatly appreciated so I can compare performance.
>
> Further improvements will have to then wait until October.
>
> 73s
> Roger G3XBM

I listened again last night Roger between 1920 and 2020z and not a
trace of you on the waterfall. SM6BHZ and G7NKS were coming in as
normal, though Gus's signal seemed well down on what it was the night
before, mostly down about -10dB with the occasional peak to 0dB (Monday
he was consistently +2 to +4dB). So maybe 'excellent conditions' to DL
land but not so to Bracknell...

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com