Re: LF: Re: 137kHz WSPR - what frequency?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 137kHz WSPR - what frequency?
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:33:57 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=TFdXulhDRraQYbTnfCSsGbjfs9xIwES8xVe18dpXsCA=; b=TrYlib3duV5cTr/9jWmQkHpjPaWN3G11FCqwdVsntjWu7rmqDwUmqrhhlHznGxm+je VSMnUwwCmSzuLtz+Cqtxbg3WE0Z+ZqDsFqe8vEtTuWDXsRhb3hXrB0AdAfhMCxImKUJR Iyhai0UtI2nLCvbbSjtgnzKvwEYTbTvKxtjlE=
Sender: [email protected]
Clearly there is a very good case for the use of CW as Mal rightly points out. Although not a very good CW operator I too use the mode for QRP work on HF and greatly prefer it to modes like PSK31.

My point is that it is not an "either/or" situation: WSPR would nicely compliment other modes and enhance the experience of many on these LF bands whilst taking almost no bandwidth at all. As I have found it is very straightforward to set up and use (easier than PSK31) and as it is such a sensitive mode it allows people with tiny antennas and low power to experiment on these bands in a way that might not otherwise be possible.

But it's not my place to tell you guys how to use the LF bands so with this, I'll leave you to it and get back on 10m WSPR, CW and SSB.  Good luck with whatever modes you enjoy.

Roger
73s
G3XBM