Re: LF: Forthcoming GPS jamming exercises

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Forthcoming GPS jamming exercises
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:46:00 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

We all know the reasons and under some circumstances justified, but so many now rely on and depend on its existance that perhaps we have gone down the wrong road. Just imagine if a major incident was about to take place and it was jammed for prolonged peroids. So many agencies now depend on it and consider it an essential navigation facility. Of course it could also be jammed deliberately by hostile organisations which is even worse than a controlled exercise. Communications satellites are also vunerable to jamming and abuse and the whole world communications network is virtually dependent on them with only limited cable alternatives. I think we are in a right mess and more vunerable than before the advent of such systems not to mention computer viruses and hackers etc. All these gadgets and contraptions are very useful but the mistake is totally DEPENDING on them which is the situation we are in.
G3KEV

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Talbot" <[email protected]>