RE: LF: Forthcoming GPS jamming exercises/Loran

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Forthcoming GPS jamming exercises/Loran
From: Laurence BY3A-KL1X China <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:45:31 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Talking of jamming Loran brings back memories in the 70's of "attacking" a Decca site in the Eastern counties defended by Gurkhas' as a night exercise. I came across some photos the other day of said installation I must have taken around that time - and for what I can remember the idea was to place a small amount of C4 or shaped charge on one or two items and definately not get captured in the process.

Given the lack of security of some of the Loran sites Im guessing the best denial of Service would be a lump of plastic or very large bolt cutters on a couple of guys..or perhaps knocking out the  remote mon receiver or spoofing a small signal..must be easier than raising a 400m mast.

LF and MF very noisy here due to Moonsoons at the moment.

Laurence 9V1 LF
Rainy Singpore

Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone. =