Re: LF: Loop discussion

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Loop discussion
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 00:39:31 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Jim,

One disadvantage of a big loop is the (dc) voltage it collects, the 600 ft delta at gb4fpr has a habit of producing quite big arcs' if its not earthed ... and not just a small one at that!!. even on a fine sunny day ..it may be simply wind-age or perhaps ozone from the sea,
may also account for the very high noise level as well ..?

Being surrounded by salt water seems to be a case of 'all that glitters in not gold'

73 - G ..

Ps - Interesting topic .. may solve the  'problem'