Re: LF: Re: Monday activity 500kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Monday activity 500kHz
From: Richard Newstead <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 08:34:29 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Dear MFers

I made a capacity-hat portable vertical yesterday. I would have gone out to test it except the band was covered in static crashes. It occurred to me that they might not be that far away so instead of 500kHz I threw the 10GHz gear in the car and drove out to a local hill where I used the top of a thunderstorm to work deep into Germany (nearly 700km). The two bands seem to compliment each other quite well in that respect.

My 500kHz vertical has a 10m vertical section and four 5m long top-loading wires. I hope to test it as soon as the weather improves.

73

Richard
G3CWI