LF: Re: 136 kHz - Nostalgia

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: 136 kHz - Nostalgia
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 09:17:24 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
At its peak I worked 31 countries all on CW, now its rare to hear a CW signal. Lazy Mans CW seems the only mode and mostly BEACON mode.
The band has FIZZLED out and MF is going the same way, although it never really got going. To encourage new operators we need more CW acty that radio amateurs can identify with and not appliance operator NOISE modes that most do not recognize. This band is now a NOISE and BEACON mode with just a handful of CW operators active amongst the QRM.
The majority of ex LF/MF CW operators can often be heard on 160 metres and other HF bands hammering away in real time QSO'S.
It looks like this reflector is the only way to get a LF/MF qso at present by those able to FUMBLE on a keyboard.
EASTER MESSAGE FROM G3KEV
de G3KEV