Re: LF: Getting started, maybe

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Getting started, maybe
From: Warren Ziegler <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:04:58 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=uzyx5EYE3PBYyzH0AZcxFpfswmGJok6QxbIposSsBsY=; b=K8j/20XJZ5Rgq8sjLdFqVSLdSC5K6/yIXi+DrbcoItYPkYKSudEKo0au/li0nuhitS qUqIFZgyd0kSlugivRhoU/gBQbyDwB+B2q+VD0HCmXaTS02yJcfpFf4+MQ5kdVsVrSy7 mb1dqd0wWvphUJK+DOaSQjdMHU5VjTVX1cFGM=
Sender: [email protected]
Ron,

        Not to throw a wet blanket over your ambitions, but it will be
very challenging (to put it mildly) for you to hear 500kHz amateur
activity.
The nearest active stations are thousands of miles away and you are
under the auroral oval which really does a good job absorbing MF/HF
signals.
Rudy in Oregon was the closest signal and that was over 2000kM away!

You never know, you might pick up one of the big guns under ideal
conditions but it's always good to have realistic expectations.
-
73 Warren K2ORS
                WD2XGJ
                WD2XSH/23