LF: Getting started, maybe

To: "blacksheep" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Getting started, maybe
From: Ron Thompson <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 16:34:37 -0600
Sender: [email protected]
   I've been reading the occasional posting to the list, wondering if I could
find some time and money to work with.  As we do not yet have licences for
the 500KHz band, the best place to start would be setting up for receiving.

   From my location is it likely that I could receive any amateur stations on
600 metres?  Any recommendations for a relatively compact antenna?  I do have
a reasonably good receiver that covers the band, a Ten Tec SP-325 (crystal
oven oscillators).
--
Ron Thompson, VE8RT
Yellowknife, NT, Canada