Re: LF: WSPR tonight

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: WSPR tonight
From: "dave.riley3" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:59:48 -0400
Sender: [email protected]

After years at sea I never heard a 600M inland station, actually never even knew of one except for the Mississippi River stations WAY back...

I am 3 miles inland and can tell you that car radio reception is weaker here with more QRN than being down by the water...

What really helps is Bill Ashloop's antenna especially over very poor conductivity ground and possibly the 23kv power lines that go down to the beach in a NE direction probably adding some amount of Beverage effect...

The odd DB or so from the directional properties of the loop also help with less noise arriving from the sides...

No complaints... No ground radials, no hazardous voltages, no lossy loading coils, little e-noise on receive, no detuning during WX changes... Just one piece of wire and one vacuum cap does it all... In fact it is part of the RFPA tank circuit here... ( no DC of course )

TNX

Dave @ /17

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>